Careers & Volunteering
The Sydney Royal Easter Show is Australia's largest annual ticketed event when we come together to celebrate the vital role that agriculture plays in the health and wealth of our nation and applaud the highest achievers in agricultural excellence. Non-stop competitions, a delicious variety of Show food to enjoy and a thrilling entertainment program with a spectacular fireworks finale every night are just some of the highlights of this 12-day event.
Our 500-plus Sydney Royal Easter Show volunteers are a diverse and inclusive community of like-minded people of a broader base of nearly 3,000 volunteers that provide important support to the delivery of the Show. The fun, excitement, and community spirit draw volunteers back to the Show year after year. Without volunteers generously giving their time to the Show it would not be the successful event that it is today.
Our Sydney Royal Easter Show Volunteers provide customer service excellence for our patrons. They assist in a variety of roles, such as welcome and directional ushers, Show information agents, and helpers at educational and agricultural activities for children. Volunteers work across several agricultural, animal, and education pavilions, where they contribute to creating an engaging, exciting and educational Show experience for all.
If you are interested in volunteering at the 2024 Sydney Royal Easter Show, you can submit and expression of interest application here.
Note: Minimum age requirement to volunteer at the Sydney Royal Easter Show is 16 years of age and you must have a valid Working With Children number (WWCC) if you are 18 years or over.
Your commitment to volunteer at the SRES will be recognised and rewarded with:
- Official volunteers' uniform (polo, shirt, hat, drink bottle, and belt bag)
- Exclusive access to our Volunteer Green Room
- 12-day Show access including public transport
- Chef cooked meal on us for each shift
- Official 2024 Volunteer Show Pin
- Receive two any-day, tickets to share with your friends or family to have fun at the Show
- Rewards and recognition program
- Thank-you party after the Show
- Annual Christmas party invitation
If you are 18 years or older, it is a legal requirement that you possess a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) to volunteer at the Show. The WWCC is free for volunteers and is valid for five years. You can apply for your WWCC at the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
If you are under the age of 18, you will require your parent/guardian's consent.
Your work health and safety are important to us. Volunteering at the Show requires a level of fitness and walking and standing are involved in all our roles. Your official volunteer uniform hat is too be worn in all outdoor venues, and comfortable closed shoes are also required.
The Show is an agriculturally based event, and you may be in the presence of, or near, all types of food produce, plants and animals including, but not limited to, flowers, peanuts, hay, straw, livestock, horses, poultry, or domestic animals.
Volunteers will be required to complete an online Work, Health & Safety Induction before Show.
Job Vacancies at the Easter Show, Royal Agricultural Society and Sydney Showground
Whether staging the Sydney Royal Easter Show, hosting major events and exhibitions at Sydney Showground or running programs that support agriculture, there's never a dull moment working at the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW. See current listings.
Some of our great benefits:
- Sydney Royal Easter Show complimentary tickets and meals
- Staff draws to win tickets to Sydney Showground events
- 15% Staff discount at onsite Cafe 'Uptown Charlie'
- Free Onsite Parking
- Salary packaging & expense packaging
- Employee salary protection insurance
- Superannuation life insurance premiums
- Staff engagement events & Wellness programs & vaccinations
- Exclusive 'Lifestyle' membership program for employees of Sydney Olympic Park
- Staff Functions, eg Melbourne Cup, Christmas Party, Chief Executive Birthday Lunch, Colin Sanders Award
- Study Leave & study assistance
- Career development & leadership coaching
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Royal Show Wine
- Decorating Competitions, staff draws to win tickets
- Trips to other Royal or Rural Shows
- Venue Management School (VMS)
- Subscriptions and Memberships
- Flexible and work from home arrangements
Ever wanted to work in the Showbag Pavilion? Now you can, there are selling and retail opportunities available with our commercial exhibitors. Follow this link to find out more.
Carnival Caterings P/L is looking to employ vibrant, enthusiastic individuals to work in Fish & Chips, Fairy Floss outlets. As well as skilled Baristas for Coffee outlets, if you are interested follow this link.
Sydney Royal Easter Show Internship Program
At the RAS, we understand how important and helpful it is to get hands-on experience when beginning your career. The Sydney Royal Easter Show Internship Program offers essential practical media experience, vital networking opportunities, and potential employment pathways for third or fourth-year University students studying Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism.
This is a unique and fun opportunity to get ‘behind-the-scenes’ of the Show, see how it is run, and gain professional experience in the workplace. Interns will be based onsite in the media centre, working alongside a team of media and PR professionals, to provide support in managing media and drafting media materials for this year’s Show.