- Section 1 jumping at this year’s Sydney Royal Horse Show has undergone a radical overhaul, with the result being a record $60,000 in prize money on offer, as well as FEI ranking points.
- All four Section 1 classes, as well as the Sydney Royal Grand Prix (previously a World Cup qualifier) will now be rated as FEI 2-star events.
- The increased prize money means three Section 1 classes will offer a total of $10,000 each, the fourth, the EFA Cup will be worth $12,000 and the Grand Prix a whopping $18,000.
- As well as more cash, the granting of FEI 2-star status to each of these classes means riders will be able to earn valuable global ranking points.
- 10th – 13th April – International Rodeo
- 14th – 17th April – Young Guns
- 18th – 23rdApril – State of Origin
|Did you know?|
|• Horses can sleep both lying down and standing up.|
|• Horses have bigger eyes than any other mammal that lives on land.|
|• Horses have around 205 bones in their skeleton